Gondwana Ecotours Announces New Tour of Washington’s Olympic Peninsula
(New Orleans, LA) — Gondwana Ecotours is thrilled to announce a NEW nine day tour exploring the beaches and forests of Washington State’s majestic Olympic Peninsula and Olympic National Park. Encompassing nearly a million acres, the park protects a vast wilderness, thousands of years of human history, and several distinctly different ecosystems. Guests will enjoy whale watching, hiking through old-growth forests, visiting a salmon hatchery, exploring Lake Crescent, taking a scenic float plane flight from Friday Harbor to Lake Union, exploring the seaside town of Port Townsend, and meeting with members of the Makah Nation for a traditional feast. Accommodations range from beachfront cabins and lodges to a reputedly haunted Victorian castle. The tour is scheduled for August 23-31, 2019 and is $3,995 USD based on double occupancy. For more information, visit https://www.gondwanaecotours.com/tour/washington-state-olympic-peninsula-trip/. Hi-resolution images can be downloaded here.
“This trip is for the traveler who wants to go beyond the typical tourist destination,” said Gondwana Ecotours Founder Jared Sternberg. “It envelops the broad diversity of this corner of our country, where we will walk, drive, boat and fly through a variety of settings – see lush temperate rainforests, wild coasts, inland seas, mountains, waterfalls and glacial lakes while viewing incredible wildlife and historic locales.”
- Hiking along magnificent mossy trails through old growth temperate rainforests
- Swimming, paddling, and hiking along Washington’s dramatic Lake Crescent
- Discovering forest-enshrouded waterfalls, streams and Washington’s native flora and fauna
- Joining members of the Makah Nation for an ocean-side traditional feast of fish on a stick, fry bread and storytelling
- Visiting a salmon hatchery and learn how biologists manage this vital native of the Pacific Northwest
- Viewing a beautiful sunset over the glacier-capped Olympic Mountains from the famous Hurricane Ridge
- Watching for whales and other Pacific sea life from a small boat in the Salish Sea
- Enjoying a driving tour of charming Port Townsend and the historic landmark Fort Worden State Park
- Celebrating with the Makah Nation during their annual festival honoring their ancient culture
- Feasting on homemade, organically grown and locally caught cuisine and regional beverages
- Hiking to the Northwestern most point in the USA surrounded by stunning rock formations
- Dining and shopping your way through Friday Harbor in the famous San Juan Islands
About Gondwana Ecotours: Gondwana Ecotours is committed to providing sustainable travel, maintaining an environmental and cultural focus, and providing the vacation of a lifetime. Tour the Amazon Rainforest with indigenous guides, encounter some of the world’s last remaining mountain gorillas in Rwanda, visit with the Maasai people of Tanzania, explore Machu Picchu without the crowds, hike with grizzlies in Alaska, visit Cajun communities in Louisiana, and more.