Get a jump on planning your 2019 trout fishing adventures. The 2019 weekly trout stocking schedule is now posted on MyODFW.com.
Best bets for weekend fishing
- There’s a mix of both hatchery and wild steelhead in the Clackamas and Sandy Rivers.
- Winter steelhead fishing is coming to peak season on the North Coast. The Nestucca, Trask and Wilson rivers should be in prime shape for the weekend.
- Half-pounders are worth targeting on the middle Rogue throughout the winter from Lathrop downstream to Graves Creek.
- Anglers are catching a mix of wild and hatchery steelhead in the Coos and Coquille basins.
- Ice fishing is underway at locations in eastern Oregon, including Dog Lake, Pilcher, Wolf Creek Malheur and Chickahominy reservoirs and Kinney Lake. Ice-fishers also are having some success at Diamond Lake.
- This week extra-large brood trout will be released at several locations around the Willamette Valley, including Sheridan Pond, Cottage Grove Pond, Timber Linn Lake, Waverly Lake, Walling Pond and Walter Wirth Lake.
Buy your 2019 license
ODFW’s new licensing system lets you decide how to carry your 2019 license, tags and other documents. You can choose paper documents that you buy on line and print at home, or purchase at a license vendor. Or, you can choose digital and carry your documents on your smartphone.